What is Clonazepam?
Clonazepam belongs to the group of benzodiazepine derivatives. The clinical effect of the drug is a pronounced and prolonged anticonvulsant effect; it has anxiolytic, sedative, moderately pronounced hypnotic, and muscle relaxant effects.
Clonazepam is prescribed as the main antiepileptic drug for the treatment of patients with newly diagnosed epilepsy.
Clonazepam Mexico is often prescribed in psychiatry and neurology. Use Clonazepam as recommended by your doctor and under his or her constant supervision.
When to use Clonazepam?
Mexican Clonazepam is used if the patient has:
- Epilepsy in infants, preschool, and school-age children (mostly typical and atypical minor epileptic seizures and primary or secondary generalized tonic-clonic crises)
- Epilepsy in adults (mainly focal seizures)
- Paroxysmal anxiety syndrome, fear states in phobias such as agoraphobia; states of psychomotor agitation against a background of reactive psychosis
- Used in complex therapy for the treatment of insomnia and anxiety
The attending physician may also prescribe the drug for other disorders and illnesses.
The drug is taken orally without chewing, with plenty of liquid. The dose and duration of therapy are determined individually for each patient, taking into account the nature, severity, and peculiarities of the course of the disease. Also, the dosage depends on the stability of the achieved therapeutic effect and tolerability of the drug. Treatment should begin with taking the drug in low doses, and gradually increasing until a therapeutic effect is achieved.
Drugs containing Clonazepam should be used with caution. The information is of an informative nature, so consult your doctor before you decide to buy Clonazepam online.
The initial dose should not exceed 1.5 mg per day. This dose can be gradually increased to 4-8 mg per day. Such a dose will be called a maintenance dose.
Contraindications to the use of Clonazepam
Because of its strong psychotropic effects and ability to be addictive, Clonazepam cannot be used by everyone. The main contraindication is an allergy to this ingredient or any history of benzodiazepine medication. When ordering Clonazepam online, rule out the possibility of allergy to the drug and any excipients of the drug.
Clonazepam should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. This drug penetrates the blood-placental barrier and may be dangerous to the baby. It can also pass into the milk, so Clonazepam should only be used after breastfeeding.
Other contraindications to the use of Clonazepam include:
- hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines;
- respiratory impairment of central genesis and severe respiratory failure regardless of the cause;
- sleep apnea syndrome;
- closed-angle glaucoma;
- myasthenia gravis;
- impaired consciousness;
- severe hepatic or renal insufficiency;
- alcohol abuse;
- medication or drug dependence.
The drug should also not be prescribed to elderly people and patients with endogenous depression (they may develop suicidal activity).
Clonazepam, like all medications, can cause side effects. They usually result from improper use or overdose. Most often occur after using Clonazepam:
- drowsiness and chronic fatigue
- headaches and dizziness
- nausea and vomiting
- diarrhea and abdominal pain
- blurred vision
- decreased blood pressure
- problems with coordination and movements
If the patient suddenly stops taking Clonazepam, withdrawal symptoms may occur. Clonazepam should not be used for a long time, as this will lead to increased tolerance to the medication and, in some cases, addiction.
Make sure your doctor knows all the medications you are taking because there is a wide group of active ingredients that can increase the side effects of Clonazepam.
It is especially important to note the following medications:
- Drugs in another group used for epilepsy, such as Carbamazepine, Phenobarbital, Primidone or Valproate sodium, and Phenytoin.
- Cimetidine is prescribed to treat the stomach and heartburn.
- Rifampicin (an antibiotic used to treat infections)
- Sleeping pills
- Drugs to relieve anxiety (tranquilizers)
- Pain relievers (analgesics) and drugs that reduce muscle tone (muscle relaxants)
- Barbiturates increased the risk of respiratory depression, which can lead to death in overdose.
It is also contraindicated to take alcohol and Clonazepam at the same time. Alcohol increases the side effects of the medicine.